Help support Helping Paws by donating your gently worn, used or new shoes! From October 15 through December 15, 2016, Helping Paws will be collecting shoes at various partner locations throughout McHenry County. Helping Paws will earn funds based on the number of pairs collected. Our goal is to collect 2,500 pairs of shoes which will raise $1,000 for our shelter.
All donated shoes will be redistributed through the Fund2Orgs network of microenterprise partners in developing nations. Funds2Orgs helps impoverished people start, maintain and grow businesses in countries such as Haiti and Honduras. By donating shoes to our fundraiser, the shoes will be given a second chance to make a difference in the lives of the animals in our care and in people’s lives.
We all have those shoes that have gone out of style or our kids have outgrown that are just sitting around gathering dust. Why not do some Fall/Winter closet cleaning and give those shoes a new life. Don’t forget to ask friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to donate too! This would also be a great activity for a social club, scouting, church or school group to take part in.
Our shelter motto is “Second Chances Start Here.” So don’t throw away those gently used or new shoes, give them a second chance. Please note that gently used means no holes and soles must be in good condition. If you would not give them to your best friend, please do not give them to us. Thank you again for your support!
Here are the drop off locations:
- Helping Paws Animal Shelter 2500 Harding Lane, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Uptown Salon 116 N Benton St, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Woodstock Veterinary Clinic 691 Lake Ave, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Studio 2015 11701 Catalpa Ln, Woodstock, IL 60098
- Bentley’s Pet Stuff 5300 Northwest Hwy C, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
- Hometown Eye Care 4612 W Algonquin Rd, Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
- Hebron Animal Clinic 10106 Main St. Hebron, Illinois 60034
- Nicolinos Trackside 621 Ridgeview Dr, McHenry, IL 60050
For questions, contact Sharon@helpingpaws.net