This year’s artwork will have you barking and meowing with delight! Over 250 original “mini masterpieces” will be available to bid on beginning March 31. All proceeds from this event will benefit Helping Paws Animal Shelter and further it’s mission to help more homeless dogs and cats find homes.
- To access the auction site, go to Art for the Paws 2017 On-line Auction. Bidding starts on Friday, March 31 at 9 am.
- You will need an account to bid. If you did not create one last year, click Register to Bid. NOTE: An email will be sent to confirm your account.
- Once registered, you can bid, watch items, and share pictures of the art on social media from any electronic device – computer, tablet, phone – from anywhere in the world.
- Bids will start at a $25 minimum with increases in $5 increments. If someone outbids you, you will receive an email or text notification. Bidding will close on Saturday, April 22 at 9 pm.
The final evening of the auction we will be hosting the Art for the Paws Community Reception. It will be held on April 22, 2017 from 7 pm to 9 pm at Mixin Mingle, 124 Cass St., Woodstock, IL. The highlight of the evening will be the 16-foot mosaic of original art! This event is open to the public with a minimum $5 donation. Free light appetizers/sweets and a cash bar will be available for people to enjoy while viewing the colorful mosaic, meeting local artists, and learning more about Helping Paws. Tablets will be available at the reception for those wishing to bid who do not have their own electronic device. The auction will close at the end of the evening. Following the reception, the mosaic will be deconstructed and works of art will be shipped directly to donors within the week.
Prior to the reception we will have smaller displays located around Woodstock for your viewing pleasure!
- Woodstock Public Library, 414 W. Judd Street from March 20 – April 8
- Read Between the Lynes, 111 E. Van Buren Street from April 1 – April 13
- Material Things Artisan Market, 103 E. Van Buren Street from March 23 – April 20
Special thanks to our 2017 sponsors! Presenting Sponsors: Mary Moltmann, Ed Bennett, and Mr. Rebates and Van Gogh Sponsor: The Schwab Family. Also special thanks to the Woodstock Independent and The Northwest Herald as our media sponsors. And a big thanks to The Studio Art School-McHenry, Fabric, Fiber & Finds-Crystal Lake and Material Things Artisan Market-Woodstock for their generous support of this event. We encourage you to frequent these businesses and please remember to make mention that you heard about them from the Art for the Paws event!